Covid-19 rules and procedures for in-person services
Socially Distanced Church
Covid-19 Systems and Rules
We are living in unprecedented times and we need to follow the Covid-19 rules and regulations to keep everyone safe. We need to rely upon one another to show due care and consideration for each other by keeping to the rules.
We would love to have church ‘the way it was’, but this is not possible right now. Your help and cooperation to enable to meet in person is most appreciated. Thank you for your understanding.
• Please observe social distancing at all times
• No hugging, shaking hands etc.
• Seating allocation is arranged to ensure social distancing between household groups
• Please note, you can have socially distanced conversation with those seated around your table group that will be no bigger than 6 people, but you are discouraged from interacting with those seated at other table groups. In order to comply with current rules, we are not facilitating socialising at our in-person services at this present time.
• Extra care will be taken with the seating arrangements of those who are exempt from wearing a mask
• Seating and touch points have all been cleaned before the venue is opened to the congregation
• Toilets are operating on a one-in-one-out basis. Someone will be stationed by the double doors at the back of the Main Hall and will let you know if you are free to enter the toilets, or if you must wait.
• You will need to sanitise your hands again before re entering the Main Hall after using the toilet
• Pre-Book via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01945 467413 – and leave a message)
• Cut-off date is the Wednesday evening before the Sunday you are booking for
• Confirmation of your booking will be sent to you on Thursday
• The doors will be closed until about 10 minutes before the service is due to begin
• Please wait in an orderly, socially distanced queue outside the venue whilst the Welcome Team admits one household group at a time
• Everyone over the age of 11 years old will need to wear a face covering throughout the service
• If you forget your face covering, you can purchase one for £1
• Wearing of a face covering will be checked upon arrival and you will be refused entry if you do not have one (or have not notified us in advance of an exemption)
• You will be asked to use hand sanitiser upon arrival
• Please remain in your allocated seating area throughout the service
• There is not tea and coffee provided – if you would like a drink, please bring one from home.
The service will be led by a service-leader from the front. They will use a microphone as raised voices from anyone in the room is not allowed – however this means that no one else can use that microphone
There will be a shorter sermon than usual - using a different, head-set / clip-on microphone
The service leader and the preacher will be up on the stage as this helps us to use the maximum amount of space on the floor to fit as many groups into the service as possible with the social distancing measures in place
According to the government guidelines, whilst preaching or leading a service, you are exempt from wearing a face covering
There will be a musician leading songs during the service. The congregation is able to join in with singing as long as masks are worn and the singing is not louder than normal speech.
You will not be able to come up to the front to share news, prayers etc – however interaction is a vital part of our worship together, so you will be able to either write down contributions on paper provided (which will be collected from you), or alternatively you will be able to use your phone to text in your contributions to a special number that we will give you during the service – these will then be read out by the person leading the service
• Communion – the church will provide the communion elements. Individual disposable cups as well as wrapped crackers will be place on your table before the service begins. Households can share crackers, but please do not share food or drink with those not within your household. These will be prepared in a Covid-Secure way
• Tithes, Offerings and Donations – you are encouraged to use the website to make any donations. However, we will still take cash. You will find an envelope in your seating area where you can place your cash donation. Simply leave it on your seat at the end of the service and it will be collected safely and quarantined for 72 hours before being counted and banked
• Children – Parents please keep children within your household’s designated seating area. We are unable to provide any toys at present, please can you bring your own from home. We will try to have elements in the service that all age groups can engage with, but please can you also have something to hand for those parts of the service that do not particularly interest your child
• The service leader will call out seating areas, one at a time, to help control the departure from the building to help ensure social distancing
Please do not congregate outside the building after the service