Pre-booking arrangements for in-person services
We are pleased to announce that our in-person Sunday services will start again on Sunday 4th October 2020, at 10:30am at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech.
Socially Distanced Church
We have had to limit our capacity to be able to comply with social distancing within the Queen Mary Centre.
In order to help with seating layout as well as the preparation of any materials that may be needed during the service, we need to ask you to pre-book each week. We also need to have contact details on our database for everyone attending to help us comply with Track-and-Trace.
• Our capacity within the Queen Mary Centre is limited
• We will be seating you in socially distanced groups around tables using the 1m+ rule. These table groups will be no larger than 6 people to comply with the ‘Rule of 6’.
• Each table group will be socially distanced from other table groups
• Interaction between different table groups is discouraged
What about the Rule of 6? – Doesn’t it mean the congregation can’t be bigger than 6 people? No - This applies to social gatherings. Church is an ‘Act of Worship’, not a social gathering. Church is a Regular Worship event and these are limited by the size of the venue and its capacity for social distancing to be in place within it. Please be aware that we are not facilitating socialising at our in-person services at present.
What about the ‘no more than 30’ rule? – This applies to life-cycle events such as weddings, funerals and baptisms that happen outside of a regular worship event. Regular Worship events are limited by the size of the venue and its capacity for social distancing to be in place within it.
How to Book
• Via email (email@example.com) or phone (01945 467413 – and leave a message)
• Information needed:
o names of all hoping to attend
o up-to-date phone number
o if you are exempt from wearing face covering
• Cut-off date is the Wednesday evening before the Sunday you are booking for
• Confirmation of your booking will be sent to you on Thursday
• Upon arrival your attendance will be recorded on the Track-and-Trace register by a member of the Welcome Team
• You will also be told which seating area has been allocated to you
Please remain in this seating area throughout the service
Government advice for those 70 years and over:
Certain groups of people may be at increased risk of severe disease from COVID-19, including people who are aged 70 or older, regardless of medical conditions.
Individuals who fall within this group are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if they do go out, to take particular care to minimise contact with others outside of their household.